Countdown to Christmas Eve

Since both of these happen to be two of my favorite albums of all time, you have a choice for O.

O is for: Orleans, Waking and Dreaming (Asylum, 1976)

This album is "Still the One that makes me smile." (Honk!) Shhhh, nobody speak. Take a sec and stare at that album cover in silence.
















and O is also for: Oak Ridge Boys, Bobbie Sue (MCA, 1982)

From sweaty, shirtless Orleans to a celebration of sweaters with the Oak Ridge Boys. On this 1982 beauty, they thought it a good idea to cover The Band's Up On Cripple Creek. And in 1986, Levon Helm tried to stab Duane Allen outside of The Honey Hole in Franklin, Tennessee for murdering his song. (You may wanna fact check that, I'm just telling you what I heard).






Faithful readers will remember our July conversations about these albums, and therefore probably never had any doubt about what the letter "O" would be. I know this is cheap and selfish, but would somebody please get copies of these for me for Christmas so I can frame them and put them on my wall?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like just yesterday I was posing for that Orleans record cover (Leftside, the short one)

Mike said...

Oh my God! You're right!

JJ said...

While on the subject of Orleans, I'd like to suggest that we get a re-do on the entry for A. I would have expected something from Ambrosia.