New Jamz

Here's the latest stuff we got. Not sayin' it's what you would call "100% good" or "just released" but they are the most recent albums passed around among the souls in our camp:

Boris-Akuma No Uta, Health-Health, Black Skies-Hexagon, Sleep-Jerusalem, Liars-Liars, Beck-Modern Guilt, Motorhead-Motorhead, Melvins-Nude With Boots, Abe Vigoda-Skeleton, Atlas Sound-Things I'll Miss EP, Creedence Clearwater Revival-Cosmo's Factory, Nat King Cole-The Velvet Moods of Nat King Cole, Taj Mahal-Taj, Woman-Mazes and Open Letter/Black Black 7".

Gift Horse played a show with Knoxville's Woman at The Basement in Nashville TN last Friday. They were some really nice guys and a great band, and they were even decent enough to give us a few copies of their Mazes 12" and Open Letter/Black Black 7" on vinyl. Click the link and listen to a song called SSSubtle Lady, it's the jam.

Went to a record shop in Chattanooga called CHAD'S and found that the guy's collection was pretty wiped out, but Hunter purchased Robert Goulet-I Never Did As I Was Told for the artwork (50 cents). I can't seem to find this record cover, but check out the gallery of Goulet. On a serious note God rest his soul.

If life goes according to plan, the next 3 albums I buy will be:
Torche-Meanderthal, Harvey Milk-Life...the Best Game in Town, and Pegasuses-XL-The Antiphon.

Enjoy at risk, I like metal. I would like to say that I bought all of these albums in the last few weeks, but truthfully I'm not sure if I bought any of them. In fact, my friends bought most of these. Thanks guys I'm broke. You know, this whole "inflation" business going on and all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found the Goulet album cover. It doesn't get much more wholesome than this: I Never Did As I Was Told

JJ said...

Quick movie quote you reminded me of: "They got this depression going on.....I got to do for me and mine...."