thanks to Meat Puppets, Dead Confederate

just want to personally thank the one and only Meat Puppets and Dead Confederate for having us along to play some really great shows last week. it was probably the single best week of my musical life for a variety of reasons, including the fact that the Meat Pups are an amazing band to see and hear live every night and because they are so damn cool. they were really gracious and nice to us and i came away from it feeling a lot smarter just from having talked with them. plus, the nashville show was Cris' 49th birthday so it was cool to be around for that.

this piece from abcnews can sum up why it was such a great experience to talk to these dudes:


do yourself a favor and watch the whole thing:


so thanks Curt, Cris and Shandon, it was an honor. thanks to the guys in Dead Confederate too. their crew was real good to us, just like always. and of course, thanks to anyone who came to any of the shows (the most important part).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike Stokes. Hardi O'Neill here. Facebook (of course) has put me back in contact with some of your buds and I couldn't help but notice yalls band on Scarboro's page. It looks like you're livin' it up in the music world and I'm glad you seem to be doing so well. You were always the writer type at heart so I'm not surprised you're the designated blogger of the band. Just thought I'd say what's up for the first time in 8+ years. If you guys make it to St. Louis for a show I have a house that's good for crashing, so look me up.