The Tower Burger gets some love from SuperSizedMeals.com and a forum for Corvette owners.

A couple of years ago, I posted a video I made called "The Tower Burger" on YouTube so a few friends could check it out and laugh. The clip is part of a 30 minute comedy short that my band made entitled "When We Were Champions." We made the movie around our house in Akron as well as the gymnasium at St. Vincent/St. Mary, where our keyboard player Josh went to school. (So did the King, LeBron James.) We all wrote our own characters and lines and acted in our own scenes, but tried to combine it all into one cohesive piece, striving to create the Hoosiers for this new millennium. Of course we succeeded.
This was one of my scenes, a commercial for McDonald's. It was an easy way to let the audience learn about my character, JJ "The Tower" Bower, star center for the Cleveland Cyclones. As a kid I always remembered the fast-food commercials that had star athletes just randomly show up at kids' pick-up games. Charles Barkley shows up in his uniform at the neighborhood park. He'd say, "Hey, Kids!" The kids would be all like, whoaaaaaaaaaa! Awwwweeeeeesomeeeeee!
This video is getting more and more hits, and I just noticed that I was getting hundreds of clicks from supersizedmeals.com, a website devoted to the various joys and stories and pics and video of gluttony, and Corvette Forum: "The Internet's Corvette Community."

Here is the mention in supersizedmeals.com.
Here is the mention in Corvette Forum.

I'm honored, to say the least. I love eating lots of terrible food and I like looking at Corvettes (although I'm too tall to drive a sweet 'Vette) and I like looking at owners of Corvettes writing about my silly video in their forum.
Here is the video. And if anybody wants to see the whole movie, I'll bring it over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Tower of Power!

Mike said...

J.J. I know I've said this before but you should be on SNL making digital shorts or something. God that's funny.

Thats the eats!