Countdown to Christmas Eve

Y is for: Yanni, Keys To Imagination (Private Music, 1986)

Doesn't your ex-best friend's Dad love Yanni? I thought so. Get them his second release in hopes that Yanni possesses the keys to unlock his imagination with atmospheric 80's soundscapes like Forgotten Yesterdays, Forbidden Dreams, Keys To Imagination and Port Of Mystery.

Hopefully the Dali-esque surrealist album cover will aid the music in cracking the egg that is the moon of the listener's mind and allow the water of the imagination to spring forth, flowing freely into a mountain lake.





Once again, you've just gotta see and hear. Here's Nostalgia (also off of this album) Live at the Acropolis. If this doesn't make you nostalgic, then you need to check your pulse:


Beautiful tune, beautiful hair, beautiful mustache. I love the guy. I really do. I celebrate the man's entire catalogue. I still cut out newspaper headlines about him and put them on my fridge.

No comments: