Arizona & Gift Horse

I really like Arizona.

We are excited to be playing with this group out of New York City/Asheville, NC. I've already told a few people in passing this week, but to me one of the best things about playing music is getting to play shows with bands like Arizona. It's nice to play with bands whose albums you already own and frequently listen to, and I humbly suggest that you come check these guys out (and us too, maybe?) on Sunday FOR FREE, or pick up a few of their albums. I only have their 2006 effort Welcome Back Dear Children, and I just got the new one Glowing Bird, which came out on October 14th, but both of these albums are fantastic and I can't wait to get Fameseeker and the Mono (2007), and The Sun and the Room EP (2005).

So anyhow, they're great and our friends and relatives in Dead Confederate told us that they are some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. So we're really looking forward to playing the show. Below are some videos of Arizona and the flyer and info stuff. We hope to see you there.

First, the video for the song Colors from the album Glowing Bird. From Arizona's youtube channel:



And a candid, impromptu house party performance of the song Somersby off of the album Welcome Back Dear Children. From vivatheseed:



The flyer and info:



Sunday, November 16:

Arizona, Gift Horse. Farm 255. 10 p.m. FREE! www.farm255.com.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Am I the only one commenting on my own post? Yes I am because the dudes in Arizona are some of the coolest dudes we've ever played with. And they put on an absolutely amazing show. Go see them. Now. Please.

Here's what they thought about the show:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=23669393&blogID=449949205

We echo their sentiments...