Adron

On this very calm Friday afternoon, my work is done for the week, so I thought I would share some music for everyone to partake in this weekend.

I first heard Adrienne McCann (Adron) about a year and a half ago on a road trip the significant other and I took down to Orange Beach, AL. On her myspace page she describes her music as acoustic and tropical. Indeed. She pretty much owns on the classical guitar and I believe the majority of the music she is pushing now was written when she was 15 or 16 years old. She's an Atlanta native who I believe has relocated to Brooklyn. Nonetheless, it's always a treat to hear that music so pure spawned from such a place as the suburbs of Atlanta.

Referencing my previous post about Deparment of Eagles, there's an instant, unstoppable smile I get on my face when music truly gels with my soul. I don't use the word "gel" very often, but think of it as my way of saying "super-duper awesomeness in my ears."

Anyway, give her a listen in the iMeem players below as well as at her MySpace page. And, if you're so inclined, grab a copy of her debut "Adron". Have a good weekend!





No comments: