Spare Time

So here are a few links which may help explain what our contirbutors do when they are NOT writing for this fine blog, playing music in their respective "main" projects, juggling management and PR duties for one of Athens' largest bands, pruning the hedges, raping the horses, or riding away on the women:

When J.J. isn't playing drums in local Athens band Blue Flashing Light, he writes tunes and records bad ass drum solos for his myspace page currently titled Augusta Grown. J.J. has had this page for a while, and we have all sat around the computer and just laughed at how hilarious some of his songs are and how disgusting (in a good way) his drum solos are. By the way he won best drummer in Ohio back in the day after performing one of those solos.

When Matt isn't running things (yeah that's right, I said it) at Widespread Panic's Brown Cat Inc., he's usually selflessly devoting the his time to helping my band, Gift Horse. And we are eternally grateful. When he's not doing that, he somehow finds time to record and recently made a myspace page to showcase his talents. So far he's only got one tune up there that all made us say "Damn! Matt good!", but we all know that he's got more coming, right Matt? I'm pretty sure that last sentence contained a comma splice and possible haiku.

The efforts of these two gentlemen has inspired me to start my own myspace page in order to flesh out a few ideas. Yeah I know, unoriginal bastard. So now I have something to do too whenever I'm not doing whatever the hell it is that I do during the week.

Even though he's not a contributor, check out the myspace page that my friend and ex-band member Dede created. Dede used to play bass in a band I was in and now he plays guitar for Athens staples The Empties.

Isn't myspace great when it's not used to promote unwanted sexual advances for once?

No comments: