Record Collection Recollections

Looking through my vinyl collection and I thought I would share the most notable specimens. I own most of what I own (including my record player) thanks to the lovely Lisa and the Forces' own T nutz, who brought up his collection for my listening pleasure. Now we are really entering the deepest realm of the labyrinth of shit that nobody cares about:

First, a few of the good and classic in no particular order:
Beck-Sea Change, The Police-Zenyatta Mondatta, Elvis Costello and The Attractions-The Best of..., Panda Bear-Person Pitch, Johnny Cash-Live at San Quentin, The Beach Boys-Endless Summer, Deerhunter-Cryptograms/Flourescent Grey EP, Queen-A Night at the Opera, Primus-Suck on This and Pork Soda, The Ventures-Hawaii Five-O, Jim O'Rourke-Eureka, The Flame-Fallout, The Beatles-1962-1966, Pink Floyd-The Wall, Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of the Moon, and Animals.

Some jazz:
John Coltrane Quartet-Ballads, Various Artists-Brazil's Super Hits, Chet Atkins-Lover's Guitar, Ahmad Jamal Trio-Live at The Pershing (But Not For Me), Dean Martin-I'm the One Who Loves You, Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim-Self-titled, The Dave Brubeck Quartet-Time Out.

There is also a mountain of classical music that I will not share with the reader, instead choosing to leave to said reader's imagination, which is quite vivid.

I will however, share with you the 3 most ridiculous records we have which no one would ever buy back, but we will never sell:
Oak Ridge Boys-Bobbie Sue. Hunter bought this solely because the album cover photo is one of the funniest things thine eyes ever seen. Artwise, right up there with Orleans-Still the One LP, which I do not own as of yet but am tirelessly striving to find.
Fat Boys-The Fat Boys are Back. Honestly, I don't really feel too good about myself having a laugh at Kurtis Blow's expense. (Kurtis Blow=a.k.a "The Chief of the East" a.k.a. "The Ox That Rocks" a.k.a. "Doc Nice" a.k.a. "The Prince of Rap"). I actually love this album and play it often.
Don Ellis-At Fillmore. Shitty horns.

Also, here's the bulk of my 8-track collection, which is a work in progress:
Led Zeppelin-Led Zeppelin (or I, or whatever they call it), Frank Sinatra-Just One Of Those Things, The Beatles-Abbey Road, Tony Bennett-The Good Things in Life, George Harrison-All Things Must Pass (Cartridge 2), and Kenny Rogers-Greatest Hits.

3 comments:

Bop said...

The beard on that ORB album is awesome! I mean that is Sam Elliot quality facial hair.

Mike said...

Quite a few fine beards in the collection: The Gambler, Don Ellis, Oak Ridge Boys, even George Harrison in his post-Beatles Ravi Shankar era, but NO ONE touches Sam Elliot's manstache. Damn I gotta get that Orleans to round out my beard collection...

JJ said...

Thanks for the link to that Oak Ridge Boys cover. It has been quite a while since I laughed so hard that I cried. Those sweaters were classic.